Thursday, March 19, 2009

96. Sterilized Super Glue

i should have known better. and i had a bad feeling when i picked up that bruised apple.


i was cutting up my apple this morning and noticed it had a bruised spot. so i went to cut it out. never cut towards yourself. i know this. but i did. i sliced open my left thumb.


i've cut fingers before. i'm not freaked out by blood. but this splashed on the wall and i freaked. i rinsed it off. wrapped it in a paper towel and it bled through. wrapped it in another and it bled through. i called chris who had just left for a conference for work. he told me to wrap it again and just hold it tight. i did. he said he was coming home.


i felt bad. making him come home like that. but i'm glad i did since he decided i should go to the ER. i was feeling pretty woosy too so he drove me there.


two hours after the cut i'm all fixed up. tetanus shot too. stitches would have made a cooler story but i got the fancy super glue instead. can't get it wet. washing my hair is going to be a bitch.

1 comment:

KeLL said...

Ha ha. I know it's really not funny, but somehow glueing cuts if amusing. I'm glad it wasn't worse. Take better care of yourself Missy!
I have to share that my mom did the same thing sharpening kitchen knives. Only she decided to shovel the driveway before driving herself to the hospital to get stitches. My dad was not happy when he saw the shovel...