Thursday, March 12, 2009

89. 2 15's = 30

here is my problem.


here at my job (and most jobs) i am supposed to recieve two 15 minute breaks. I never recieve these. despite getting an e-mail from my boss asking me when i would like to take them. and i can't just take them on my own - someone has to be covering my desk.


i'm fairly certain that if i bring this to their attention i will be made to feel that it is my fault. that i should have said something (despite the face that i have).


i bring it up becuase i've been getting some flack about my time off. our vacation policy just changed. thankfully i had my honeymoon time approved before this. i have 68 hours of accumulated sick time. i was told that i cannot take more than two hours for a doctor appointment. but that's beside the point....


those breaks add up to a half hour a day. that's 2.5 hours a week. i haven't had those breaks since the end of september. that's 52.5 hours of time that i feel i should recieve in vacation.


like i said. i've mentioned the lack of me recieving these breaks before. nothing. i no longer feel i should have to say anything - nor should i ever have. it is my supervisors responsibility to give me these breaks and if there is no one available to cover my desk that is not my fault.


i'm tired of getting flack and want to just point this out but....feel like i'll be made to feel it's my fault.


what would you do or what do you think i should do?

No comments: