Saturday, August 2, 2008

30. to Cut or not to Cut.....

...that is the question.....


so my original plan was to grow my hair out long enough to donate it and then chop it off for the wedding. my thinking behind this was a) donating your hair is a good thing to do, b) that angled bob haircut was one of the cutest i've ever had and c) my hair does not hold an up-do. at all. and having it down would more than likely annoy the shit out of me half way through the night....


but then i realized that chopping off my hair right before the wedding might not be the best idea. what if i hate how it looks with the dress!? it's not like i can grow it back overnight! so then i decided that i should chop it off now and try on the dress to see it that style looks good with the dress. if it doesn't - no problem - i've got over eight months to grow it back out. so i made an appointment for this past thursday to cut my hair and an appointment for this morning to try on my dress.


i chickened out. i cancelled my appointment for thursday. i still went to my dress appointment this morning. i decided perhaps it was best to take some pictures of me in the dress with my long locks and see what i think. then i held up my hair to make it look short. i really like the short look - but it's hard to tell when you're just holding it up - you don't really get a good idea, ya know?


so after leaving it i decided to go ahead and cut it at the end of august (i made an appointment to try on the dress again the 2nd weekend in september). but i don't know. i started growing out my hair becuase chris wanted to see me with long hair and so did i. and i like it...when i actually wear it down. problem is - that's rare. it takes so freakin' long to dry i rarely ever wear it down during the week - it's usually in a bun. so why have it? but it's grown (no pun intended) on me. even though i know i really like the short bob i'm still nervous to go and get it hacked......



which leaves me with the problem of to cut or not to cut. so...give your opinions. i'm torn. and it doesn't help that chris makes that sad face every time i bring it up (even though he does say he fell in love with me with short hair....)

sigh......

8 comments:

carrster said...

The bob is SOOOOOO cute on you! I say cut it! It'll grow back if you don't like it with the dress, but really? if you wear it up and it annoys you anyway - go for what FEELS good to you!

Men should NEVER make sad faces about hair choices...they have it WAY too easy.

Molly said...

Wow, Michelle, your hair has gotten really long! It's been a while since I last saw you... I think you look supercute in the first picture and the last picture ... oh wait, that doesn't help, does it? :) It sounds like your favorite hair cut was the angled bob, so I think that's your answer! You're lucky you can pull off short hair. I don't think I can. My head is too round.

michelle said...

carrie: thanks! :) think i'm gonna get it cute and just know that in the back of my head that it's hair and it grows

molly: i absolutely love your short haircut and think it looks great on you!

Kari Ann said...

Oh geez, I have the same dilemma. Like exactly the same. Right down to the boy making the sad face when I talk about getting my hair cut and me liking it better short (most of the time), with the minor exception of not facing my own upcoming wedding.

Anyway, it sounds like you've made up your mind but I'm gonna go ahead and second what Carrie said (including the last part :)

Molly said...

PS: My husband's hair is longer than mine.... hee hee.

Anonymous said...

What is the deal with guys and long hair? They almost always prefer long hair on girls, for some reason I have yet to understand. Anyway...I really like the short hair on you. Very Audrey Tatou! Long hair is a much bigger time commitment if you want it to look good on a daily basis.

Test said...

holy crap, what vitamin are you taking? I swear it wasn't that long the last time I saw you (although, now I'm wondering if it was up!).

what type of relationship do you have with your stylist? Could he/she play with it a bit knowing your dilema for wedding day hair?

FYI, I am way jealous b/c my hair doesn't look short. It's too flat and boring.

Angie said...

I grew my hair out a tad for my wedding (but it was of course still short) so that I'd have more options for styling. Then promptly cut it off after the honeymoon. Eh, do what you wish!