Wednesday, May 20, 2009

125. It Begins.....

thursday. the 7th of may 2009.


this was the first day of my two week and two day vacation. it also meant i had a lot to get done. and as usual i set out to do a ton and ended up accomplishing little. i wasn't stressed about the wedding persay - i knew everything would be fine. it was things like having the spare room cleaned before we left so we wouldn't have to return to a mess that were freaking me out. i literally felt like all of my nerve endings were just fried and crackling.....

by 11 that morning i was basically running back and forth between rooms and forgetting why i had run to the room to begin with. at this point we decided to we needed to take a break. we met up with chris's dad, his wife heather and aunt fran at the wedding shoppe to pick up tux's.


after we picked up tux's we went and had lunch at cafe latte on grand. i love that place! i was starving though which meant that my eyes were about three hundred times bigger than my belly and i ended up ordering too much food - sooo yummy though! after that we made plans to meet up with his family later that night for dinner at my parents (an event at which i forgot to take any pictures...).



once home again we finally managed to get everything packed. we double checked everything and thought we were good to go! got the car packed up to the brim and headed out only to realize that we had forgotten to pick up my dad's tux! luckily we realized this before getting too far away so we just popped back by the wedding shoppe and got it. then we were on our way to duluth! oh wait - right as we hit forest lake chris's sunglasses decided to break - so we had to stop and fix those....


it took a bit of fancy working but chris finally got them fixed and then we were off....again...for the second time that day! yay!



i made chris listen to one of the cd's we'd made for wedding favors on the way up. i'm sure he's going to be pretty sick of them soon - me on the other hand can't get enough. in fact - i'm listening to them as i type this out - making it a bit hard to concentrate but i can't bring myself to turn it off.....



okay. typing may become difficult. 'waterloo' is playing and it makes me want to dance and sing. it also makes me giggle and think of chris but i'll mention that in a later post. we finally made it up to duluth. and for some reason i turned into a tourist taking about ten pictures of the city as we drove in. we had to drive down superior street to meet his family so they could follow us up to my parents house so of course i had to take pictures of greysolon as we passed :)




and now 'you're my best friend' by queen is playing. luckily i'm home alone and singing to my hearts content - hopefully the neighbors don't mind! once we reached duluth we got his family up to my parents where we grilled some hamburgers and just spent then evening chatting. i've never seen my parents house so full of people! my grandma had flown in from kentucky along with my cousin and her boyfriend. chris's dad and heather were there. my brother (who had just graduated from college the previous sunday) and a few hours after we showed up kari and her boyfriend mark showed up!



later on that night we (chris and i, my brother david, arielle and josh, kari and mark) all went out for a drink. i had had my heart set on going to blackwaters - a new lounge in the greysolon plaza but i realized that my cousin wasn't yet old enough to drink so we headed down to luce instead. i know for the most part we were all pretty tired but we still had a good time.

i'd never been out drinking with my brother before. i'd seen him drinking before - an incident that happened years ago. he was playing edward forty hands with some friends. if you haven't heard of this it's where you duct tape a forty in each hand and then can't do anything until you've finished them. i was brought down to help them tape up their hands. a while later i stopped back down to loud chatter and then my brother saying 'dude! dude! that is my sister!' (i suppose you had to be there...)

this time around we just ordered a few drinks including a blow job for kari and i. we were unsuccessful in our attempts to down them in the proper fashion to which my brother could not believe. so i had ordered him one and he demonstrated - with a little too much skill i might add - how it was done. rather funny :) ah - and the phrases ' when david and....' i'll stop there. i need to write all this down in my journal before it leaves my overcrowded brain.....
oh yes. i ordered kari a red headed slut shot. (she has red hair) she loved me for this of course :)
after that it was time for bed with a busy busy day ahead of us..........

No comments: