Thursday, February 26, 2009

78. Funny

ha.


ha. ha.


we experienced a rather large (the largest this winter) snow storm today. in response the head honcho made the announcement that all non-essential employees could go home upon receiving permission from their supervisor.


YAY! (i thought) because....
...definition of my job: least essential employee in entire organization.


(i spent the entire day doing virtual food jigsaw puzzles online)


seriously. i did.


then i get a call from my supervisor informing that my position has now been upgraded to essential.


so. i sat until it was time to go home. what normally takes me 15 minutes took me one hour and forty five minutes tonight. 1 hr 45 min. and those of you know me know that i do not handle traffic. it makes me want to poke out my eyeballs and drive my car into other cars.


i was determined to not get more stressed than i was. i was going to relax. ha. it's like my brain thought about that intention - laughed - and then pushed over the mountain of a freak-out-to-do list and make me panic.


but.


while i did pount and ponder the existence of life and what a joke my "essential" job is i also walked for an hour on the treadmill (that on top of the 40 minutes i did before work this morning). so. while i still kind of want to poke my eyeballs out i feel better. until i see my belly in the mirror. and jiggly arms.


going to go get ready for bed. dream of london. dream of london. dream of...crap...flying...


perhaps a cocktail and then bed. dreamless sleep.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Sorry to hear you had such a suck time of it yesterday. The U canceled night classes, so I got to stay home. :)

London London London.