Wednesday, October 22, 2008

55. It's Official

this is me at 2:30pm this afternoon. 27 years old.


this is me at 4:45pm. the exact moment i turned 28.


this is where i was when i turned 28. sitting at a light waiting to turn so i could put gas in my car.



i tried to pump $10.22 but i wasn't fast enough with the lever.


all in all it's been a pretty great day thus far. chris was out of town last night but texted me this morning to let me know that he had hid my birthday card in his closet. it was so sweet it made me cry :) (i'm so lucky!) then he called me on my way to work to sing Happy Birthday :)


when i got to work i had 3 cards waiting for me. one from all the staff that the boss passes around. one from eric the guard ("the republican") that he had everyone sign. and one from sally - our volunteer greeter. she is super sweet - made the card herself and even threw in some nice change :)


i think chris's dad takes the cake today though. he and heather sent me a real card last night. this morning i got the following 2 ecards from him this morning - hillarious! in regards to the one with the word 'fuck' he said he though it would fit in nicely with the language i use in my blog. what? i swear?




my mom called later in the morning to wish me a happy birthday. i told her about all the cards i had recieved from chris's dad and she said he was trying to make her look bad since she hasn't even put my card in the mail :)

the envelope my card from "the republican" came in. very nice, eh?



so yeah. it's been a really good day so far. i'm always really touched that people remember my birthday since i so incredibly suck at remembering theirs! i try - really i try. and then fail. every time. perhaps i'll buy a wall calander this year. but then of course i'll forget to change the months on it. hmm.....









2 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Birthday!!! You should check out Obama's book and then join us before the election for book club. Hope the night of your birthday was as good as the day.

carrster said...

Whohoo! Glad you had a good day. I think your cards are awesome! I had your gift ages ago but have yet to locate my "gift" box - it's somewhere in this moving mess. hopefully I'll find it before you're up next week!
MWAH!

28, not so bad....I think of myself as perpetually 28.